This product is a water-soluble adhesive, which is a thermoplastic adhesive prepared by polymerization of vinyl acetate monomer under the action of an initiator. It is usually called white latex or PVAC emulsion for short. Its chemical name is polyvinyl acetate adhesive. It is made of acetic acid and ethylene to synthesize vinyl acetate with titanium dioxide added (lower grades are added with light calcium, talc, and other powders). Then they are polymerized by emulsion. As a milky white thick liquid.
Fast drying, good initial tack, good operability; strong adhesion, high compressive strength; strong heat resistance.
(1) White latex has a series of advantages such as normal temperature curing, faster curing, higher bonding strength, and the bonding layer has better toughness and durability and is not easy to age. It can be widely used for bonding paper products (wallpaper), and can also be used as an adhesive for waterproof coatings and wood.
(2) It uses water as a dispersant, is safe to use, non-toxic, non-flammable, easy to clean, solidifies at room temperature, has good adhesion to wood, paper and fabric, has high bonding strength, and the cured adhesive layer is colorless Transparent, good toughness, does not pollute the bonded object.
(3) It can also be used as a modifier of phenolic resin, urea-formaldehyde resin and other adhesives, and used to make polyvinyl acetate latex paint.
(4) The emulsion has good stability, and the storage period can reach more than half a year. Therefore, it can be widely used in printing and binding, furniture manufacturing, and bonding of paper, wood, cloth, leather, ceramics, etc.
1. It has strong adhesion to porous materials such as wood, paper, cotton, leather, ceramics, etc., and the initial viscosity is relatively high.
2. It can be cured at room temperature, and the curing speed is fast.
3. The film is transparent, does not pollute the adherend, and is easy to process.
4. Using water as the dispersion medium, it does not burn, contains no toxic gas, does not pollute the environment, and is safe and pollution-free.
5. It is a single-component viscous liquid, which is more convenient to use.
6. The cured film has a certain degree of toughness, resistance to dilute alkali, dilute acid, and oil resistance.
It is mainly used in wood processing, furniture assembly, cigarette nozzles, construction decoration, fabric bonding, product processing, printing and binding, handicraft manufacturing, leather processing, label fixing, tile sticking, etc. It is an environmentally friendly adhesive Agent.
Environmentally friendly white latex must first have sufficient bonding strength, so as to ensure that the quality of paper products will not be affected after bonding.
To judge whether the bonding strength of the environmentally friendly white latex is qualified, the two pieces of adhered materials can be torn apart along the bonding interface. If the bonded materials are found to be damaged after tearing, the bonding strength is sufficient; if only the bonding interface is separated, It shows that the strength of environmentally friendly white latex is insufficient. Sometimes the environmentally-friendly white latex with poor performance will degummed and the film will become brittle after being stored for a period of time in a high temperature or low temperature environment. Therefore, it is necessary to do high temperature thermal change and low temperature embrittlement experiments to determine whether its quality is reliable.
Post time: May-25-2021